Westlaw UK Insight gives a new approach to an old question.
How do you get an overview of a key topic of UK law that is up to date, reliable and connected to related materials?
Insight is the new answer – an online, dynamic, continually updated and ever-growing encyclopedia of UK law.
Built for online, and in tune with, the way you work, it connects you to expertly penned analysis of legal topics. Starting with a broad subject overview, Insight then goes deeper with detailed statements of the law.
A springboard from which you can start your research, Insight not only helps you join the dots on a particular subject, it also gives links to related content on Westlaw UK and elsewhere online.
Legal research just got insightful.
- 1. An ever-expanding and growing online legal encyclopaedia, providing a detailed overview of the law in the UK
- 2. Arranged hierarchically, top level articles cover broad areas, lower level articles cover niche fields
- 3. Clean, fresh structure allows efficient and intuitive navigation of the law across topics and jurisdictions
- 4. Written by experts in the field, including both practitioners and academics and all overseen by Parliamentary Counsel
- 5. Created specifically for online, content is relevant, comprehensive and yet concise, and updated as the law changes
- 6. Articles contain direct links to any content on Westlaw UK that is referenced by an author, including books
- 7. Authored and automatically generated links to related cases and legislation
- 8. Integration with Twitter and LinkedIn allows users to share content and receive real-time updates to keep on top of all changes to the law
- 9. Ability to track topics or articles and be alerted via email when they have been updated
- 10. On launch, there will be some material for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, but this will be firmed up over 2013
KEEP IT SIMPLE
Westlaw UK Insight articles are easy to absorb.
A logical structure allows efficient and intuitive navigation of the law across topic and jurisdictions.
Created specifically for online, content is relevant, comprehensive yet concise, and updated as the law changes.
DIGEST AND UNDERSTAND
Westlaw UK Insight increases your understanding of the law.
Authoritative articles ensure that you’re in the know when you need to be. Haven’t dealt with Finance law for a while?
Let the best finance minds give you a refresher and then keep you updated on any changes.
Westlaw UK Insight is simple to use.
Search or browse through the topics displayed on the Insight homepage. Top level articles cover broad areas. They act like signposts, pointing you to the lower level articles that cover more specific fields. The deeper you go, the more information you’ll find.
LINK TO WIDER CONTENT
Westlaw UK Insight connects you to the content you need.
Contributors provide direct links to related content referenced in their articles. This could be content on Westlaw UK or in external sources.
Westlaw UK Insight also automatically generates links to key cases and legislation, to make sure you’re fully connected to the content you need.
Westlaw UK Insight increases your responsiveness.
It helps you get up to speed with a point of law quickly, ensuring you can respond to client enquiries in less time. Leaving you with more time to focus on high-value or core aspects of a case.
Westlaw UK Insight keeps you current.
Integration with Twitter and LinkedIn allows you to share content and receive real-time updates to keep on top of changes to the law.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN
Westlaw UK Insight can be personalised.
Keep a closer eye on topics of interest by using the “Watch” feature. A watched topic gets added to your Insight homepage so that you can access it instantly.
Plus it will alert you to any updates using an status icon.
STAY ON TOP OF THE LAW
Westlaw UK Insight keeps you up to date with changes to the law.
A ‘Latest Updates’ section on the Insight homepage lists all articles that have recently been amended or added.
You can also set up alerts on specific articles to be emailed when they get updated following changes to the law.
Westlaw UK Insight improves your productivity.
It saves you time wading through search results or huge textbooks. Rather than have a legal researcher review all primary sources and develop a brief on a statement of law for a particular issue, Westlaw UK Insight will do it all for you.
LEARN FROM THE BEST
Westlaw UK Insight is information you can trust.
Insight is written by experts in the field including leading solicitors, barristers and academics – all overseen by Parliamentary Counsel – meaning you have the brightest minds in the business teaching, updating and informing you all day, every day.
Make sure you also keep an eye out for us on Twitter @westlawuk #WLUKinsight.
WANT TO BE PART OF WESTLAW UK INSIGHT?
The articles in Westlaw UK Insight are all written by experts in the field. If you are interested in contributing articles and getting involved in this exciting project, or just for more information, please contact us here.